Itinerary and activities
AdressMoulin Neuf de Russan
route de Bourdic
GPS coordinates: North : 43° 57' 39" East : 4° 19' 54"
- Lyon - Montélimar - Orange - fork direction Montpellier/Barcelone - exit Remoulins (n°23) ;
- direction Alès via Pont du Gard and Remoulins until Uzès.
- Just before arrival in Uzès (do not enter the city ) ;
- 200 m. after shoppingmail "Carrefour" and Haribo candyfactory, turn left (D 979) direction Nîmes via Pont Saint-Nicolas ;
- after about 7 km, turn right (D 18) direction St Chaptes, Dions, Russan, Vic ;
- then, after the cemetery, turn right (D 136) direction Bourdic ;
- continue until crossing with D 22, take the small way opposite, the bridge over and discover the "Moulin Neuf".
Sightseeing places and leisure activities in the area
Uzès (10 km), one of the most delightful Provencal towns in the region, which has a particularly colourful Saturday morning market, all shops and amenities and a good choice of restaurants and cafés.
Within easy reach of the cities of historical and cultural interest Nîmes (20 km) and Avignon (45 km).
5 km from the riverside village of Collias (superb canoe trips along the 'Gorges du Gardon' to the famous roman monument the Pont du Gard).
Within 5 minutes from the river Gardon with great swimming spots, canoeing and horse-riding ; many walking and hiking paths (GR 6 et GR 63) ; climbing possibilities.
Bamboo growing farm of Prafrance in Anduze and natural caves in Trabuc.
Haribo museum (candies, drops, chocolate), museum of the Motorbike, museum of the Provence in the years 1900, etc.
Other activities (golf, tennis, etc.) can be found in and around Uzès including a number of summer festivals held in the region.